Some tips and tricks to get ahead in Forza Horizon 4.
Forza Horizon 4 may be the best racing game of all time. At the very least, it is the best racing game released in the last decade or so, and Microsoft and Playground’s crowning achievement. There’s a wealth of content in this game- a vast open world to explore, a range of different kinds of secrets and objectives, cars to unlock, and of course, a whole smattering of different kinds of events to take part in.
In this guide, we look at some general tips and tricks to maximize your performance in the game, as well as at some cars that you should keep your eyes on as you play through the game.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Focus on getting both, more Credits (CR) and Influence. CR are used to buy new cars, while Influence is what you need to progress through the seasons (you unlock a new season for each 50,000 Influence you hit)
- Some cars can’t be bought- these are Barn Finds, and you have to stumble on these antiquities in the world. But the map in the game is huge, so a better thing to do is to use your drone (always accessible in the menu), and get an aerial view of the map till you find a barn. Once you do, it’s marked on your GPS, and you can drive there to actually collect the car
- Don’t stick with one car. You get money really easily in the game, so buy more cars, and have as many different types as possible, so you’re well equipped to meet whatever challenge comes your way
- Auto Upgrade is a valid option- the game lets you manually tweak and tune your car, but maybe you don’t have the patience, or the knack, for that. If so, Auto Upgrade is a perfectly fine alternative to fall back on, and there’s no shame in using it
- Sell the cars you don’t need- that’s more money right there to buy the ones that you do!
- There’s a fast travel tip that saves you money- just go to the Festival Hub and select your event from there directly. That transports you to your event, without you needing to pay the 10,000 CR fast travel fee.
THE BEST CARS
Speed Demon: Koenigsegg One:1
The point of racing is to be quick, and you don’t get quicker than the Koenigsegg One:1. If a speedy car is all you want, you won’t go wrong with this one. You can pick it up for 2,850 CR, or for free if you are a VIP Pass member.
Winter Warrior: Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
I don’t think there’s any car in the game that’s as well equipped to be able to negotiate the snowy environs of Great Britain as this one is. At 500,000, it’s a fair bit expensive, but given that but can be repurposed for rallying events, it pays for itself in the long run.
Skill Boost: Pagani Zonda Forza Edition
It’s a bit slower than the One:1, but it offers a clean skill boost, and has far superior handling. Even in a racing game, speed isn’t everything, you see. You can get it for 1,950 CR, or for free with the VIP Pass.
FASTEST CAR IN THE GAME
At 284 miles/hour, the Koenigsegg Agera RS is the single fastest car in the game, and the one to go for if you want to max out your velocity on the tarmac. Of course, with great power comes great responsibility, and I’m not sure you’ll be able to handle this beast…