Here’s how to unlock new upgrades and find the journal entries scattered throughout the game.
In The Last of Us Part 2, you’ll unlock new upgrades, better weapons and other perks that can make Ellie more effective during combat. Some of these are straight forward – upgrades, for instance, will provide a farther range to Listen Mode, faster crafting speed and so on. These are found in different ability paths and require Supplements, which are scattered throughout environments, to purchase them.
To unlock new upgrades, you’ll need to find Training Manuals. These are also located throughout the world and once used, will open up new ability paths. Once again, Supplements will be needed to unlock them. Due to the limited amount of Supplements – and how you need to search each area carefully for Training Manuals – you may have to play through the game at least twice to get every upgrade. Keep that in mind when choosing which upgrades to purchase.
All Journal Entry Locations
Among the various collectibles you’ll find are Journal Entries. Upon collecting them, Ellie will add a sketch to her notebook. Along with Artefacts, all of the Journal Entries are necessary for unlocking the Archivist Trophy. Here are all the Journal Entries in each chapter – you can check out their exact locations in the video guide below. Major spoilers can be found in the video so keep that in mind.
- Jackson, Patrol – Journal Entry #1 and #2
- Jackson, Packing Up – Journal Entry #1 and #2
- Seattle Day 1, The Gate – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 1, Downtown – Journal Entry #1 and #2
- Seattle Day 1, The Tunnels – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 1, The Birthday Gift – Journal Entry #1 and #2
- Seattle Day 2, Hillcrest – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 2, Finding Strings – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 2, The Seraphites – Journal Entry #1, #2 and #3
- Seattle Day 3, Road to the Aquarium – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 3, The Flooded City – Journal Entry #1
- Seattle Day 3, Infiltration – Journal Entry #1
- Santa Barbara, Pushing Inland – Journal Entry #1
- Santa Barbara, The Resort – Journal Entry #1