Here’s a fast rundown on what persists between every cycle.
You’ll uncover quite a few completely different gadgets and assets all through Returnal however like all rogue-lite, only some will persist between completely different runs (or “cycles” as they’re referred to as). It’s simpler to indicate all the gadgets and tools that do carry over as opposed to those who don’t. For fast reference: Artifacts, consumables, parasites, Obolites, Resin, Datacubes and Suit Artifacts don’t persist between runs. Once you die, you lose them upon beginning a brand new cycle.
As for the gadgets that do persist, they’re as follows. Spoilers for many who haven’t accomplished the sport:
- Anathema Key – Opens the Anathema Vault, which stays open after the secret is used. Found within the Overgrown Ruins.
- Atropian Weapon Charger – Grants alternate firing mode to weapons. Located in Overgrown Ruins.
- Crimson Key – Drops from the primary boss in Overgrown Ruins. Activates the Crimson Gateway, which ends up in the Crimson Waste.
- House Key – Found within the Overgrown Ruins. Opens up the twentieth Century home.
- Hermetic Transmitter – Allows for quick journey and teleportation between translocation factors. Located in Overgrown Ruins.
- Icarian Grapnel – Grappling hook which can be utilized to grapple to particular factors. Drops from the second boss in Crimson Wastes.
- Hadal Ballasts – Located within the Fractured Wastes. Lets you stroll on ocean flooring.
- Delphic Visor – Used to see platforms which can be in any other case invisible. Found in Abyssal Scar.
- Promethean Insulators – Lets you bypass harmful terrain. Located within the Fractured Wastes.
- Ether – Used for cleaning Malignancy from chests and gadgets. Can be used firstly of every run to unlock new gadgets.
- Xenoglyph Cipher Fragment – Ciphers that assist translate the Sentients’ language. Collecting ciphers will assist to higher translate the assorted Xenoglyps on Atropos. Can be present in every biome.
- Xeno-Tech Prism Gain – Located in Crimson Wastes and Echoing Ruins. Unlocks consumable slots.