Pro Evolution Soccer or PES for short is a series that has managed to distinguish itself for its realistic gameplay and physics. The series continues that tradition with PES 19 which sticks to the same formula while also bringing some vital upgrades. This is a game that might take some getting used to because of its complexity, and if you’re having any difficulty with it whatsoever, this guide is here to help you out.
If you’re ready, then let’s get started!
GENERAL TIPS AND TRICKS
Change The Game Length
PES is a series that has always moved at a slower pace than FIFA. Because of this, the default five-minute length of half-time may end up being too short since it won’t give you enough chances to have those exciting moments you crave for. It would be a good idea to increase the length of half-time to at least six minutes because that extra minute really can make a difference to your experience.
Make Use Of The Training Mode
The game has quite a few complex mechanics that can be hard to get right, and this includes the First Touch. If you’re unable to use such moves correctly, it may end up costing you a match. Make use of the training mode to learn the essential moves and tricks that will help you on the field.
Don’t Always Sprint
While sprinting is a great way to go quickly across the field, you have to be careful when using it. Recklessly sprinting is a surefire way to get tackled. A good idea would be to slow down when you see players from the opponent team getting close as you won’t be able to simply sprint past them.
Watch Out For Free Kicks
In this newest installment in the series, free kicks can be devastating and can easily lead to goals. On the plus side, it also means that you will be able to score goals easier when you get a free kick. So, do your best to avoid conceding free kicks to your opponents.
Be Careful When Defending
When you see an opponent getting closer to your goalpost, your first instinct might be to run straight to him. However, you will need to be a bit more tactical than that because simply running to the opponent with the ball will end up leaving your defense completely open. Make sure you have enough players behind you to get the ball in case you miss before going in for a tackle.
Make Use Of Advanced Instructions
The Advanced Instructions menu helps you make use of some great tactics to use out in the field. These include tactics such as rotating wingers, deep defensive lines, and more which will help you adapt to any situation you come across in the game.
Don’t Abuse The Sliding Tackle
You might be tempted to keep using the sliding tackle, but you should exercise some restraint. Using the sliding tackle can easily end up in a foul, or if not, the opponent may just avoid the tackle entirely leaving one of your players down for a short bit. Avoid using them especially as the opponents near your goalpost as this could potentially end up in a penalty.
HIGHEST RATED PLAYERS
Some of the biggest arguments regarding the game revolve around who the highest rated players in the game are. If you’re interested to see who these top rated players in the game, you can check out the lists below. We know what you all would want to know right away though: Messi Or Ronaldo? Well, both!
Top Rated Defenders
- D. Godin: He is a CB for KB Red White and has an overall rating of 87.
- J. Boateng: He is a CB with an overall rating of 87.
- V. Van Dijk: He is a CB for Liverpool with an overall rating of 87.
- Thiago Silva: He is a CB for PSG with an overall rating of 87.
- Pique: He is a CB for Barcelona with an overall rating of 88.
- S. Umtiti: He is a CB for Barcelona with an overall rating of 87.
- G. Chiellin: He is a CB for PM Black White with an overall rating of 87.
- Marcelo: He is an LB for MD white with an overall rating of 88.
- M. Hummels: He is a CB with an overall rating of 89.
- Sergio Ramos: He is a CB for MD White with an overall rating of 89.
Top Rated Forwards
- E. Cavani: He is a CF for PSG with an overall rating of 89.
- H. Kane: He is a CF for North East London with an overall rating of 89.
- L. Suarez: He is a CF for Barcelona with an overall rating of 90.
- M. Salah: He is a RWF for Liverpool with an overall rating of 90.
- E. Hazard: He is a LWF for London FC with an overall rating of 90.
- R. Lewandowski: He is a CF with an overall rating of 90.
- A. Griezmann: He is a CF with KB Red White with an overall rating of 90.
- Neymar: He is a LWF for PSG with an overall rating of 93.
- L. Messi: He is SS for Barcelona with an overall rating of 94.
- C. Ronaldo: He is a CF for MD White with an overall rating of 94.
Top Rated Goalkeepers
- G. Buffon: He is the GK for PM Black White with an overall rating of 86.
- S. Handanovic: He is the GK for Internazional with an overall rating of 86.
- Ederson: He is the GK for Man Blue with an overall rating of 87.
- Alisson: He is the GK for Roma with an overall rating of 87.
- T. Courtois: He is the GK for London FC with an overall rating of 87.
- H. Lloris: He is the GK for North East London with an overall rating of 87.
- M. Terstegen: He is the GK for Barcelona with an overall rating of 88.
- J. Oblak: He is the GK for KB Red White with an overall rating of 89.
- M. Neuer: He is a GK with an overall rating of 90.
- David De Gea: He is the GK for Man Red with an overall rating of 91.
Top Rated Midfielders
- Thiago A.: He is a CMF with an overall rating of 87.
- C. Eriksen: He is an AMF for North East London with an overall rating of 87.
- A. Vidal: He is a CMF with an overall rating of 87.
- David Silva: He is an AMF for Man Blue with an overall rating of 87.
- M. Ozil: He is an AMF for Arsenal with an overall rating of 87.
- N. Kante: He is a CMF for London FC with an overall rating of 87.
- Iniesta: He is a CMF for Barcelona with an overall rating of 87.
- L. Modric: He is a CMF for MD White with an overall rating of 89.
- K. De Bruyne: He is an AMF for Man Blue with an overall rating of 90.
- T. Kroos: He is a CMF for MD White with an overall rating of 90.
HOW TO INSTALL OPTIONAL FILES ON PS4
If you want to completely licensed leagues and teams in the game, then your best bet is to import them into the game, but it’s quite a long process. The first thing you will have to do is format your USB drive to FAT32. To do so, open Computer and then click Manage, and then select Disk Management. Here you will be able to select your USB drive to format it to FAT32.
Once you’ve done that, create a new folder called WEPES inside the USB drive to store all of the optional files. You can now proceed to download the optional files from the following site (https://www.pes-patch.com/pes-2019). Extract all of the files from the downloaded folder into the WEPES folder on your USB drive. Next, plug the USB drive to your PS4 and go the Extras menu and then select Data Management and then Import/Export and then select Import. Now select all of the files to import and then move on to the Advanced Settings. Here you will be presented a few options, and you should just leave all of the boxes unticked. It will take a few minutes for all the files to get imported and once they’re done, make sure to save the game’s state on the Data Management page.
if you want to import league emblems, the process is a little more long-winded. Just open Data Management again and then Import/Export and then select Import images and then choose Competition Emblems. Next, you will be presented with options to select which league emblems you want to import. Just tick all of the boxes and wait for them to be imported. Next, just navigate to Edit and then Competitions and then select the League you want to, and then click on Emblem and then Load the emblem you want. Save the changes in the menu and that’s it! You’re done!
HOW TO INSTALL OPTIONAL FILES ON PC
To get licensed leagues and teams in the PC version of the game is much easier than for the PS4. First of all, download the optional files from the following site for the PC (https://www.pes-patch.com/pes-2019). Once you’ve downloaded the necessary files, install the files to the game’s folder location. That’s it! You will now be able to enjoy licensed leagues and teams in the game!
NEW MYCLUB FEATURES
myClub is the online component of PES 2019, and this year’s installment in the series brings a lot of changes to this feature. You can find below a full list of all of the changes to the feature.
You can improve overall rating of players based on and they may also learn new skills if they become Featured Players. Basically, have a player perform well in weekend matches to make them a Featured Player. This feature will also grant a special overall rating to partner club players. This feature is a good way to better your myClub team.
You can sign duplicates of players and 3 of these can be traded for another player of the same rarity. Any player you get through trading will start at your club at level 1.
Skill and Position Trainers
Skill trainers are used to focus on improving a particular skill for a player. Position trainers on the other hand are used to increase a player’s suitability to a particular position. Make sure you use both these trainers to improve your squad in the game.
Acquire More Number Of Player
You can now possess more than 1,000 players in total in the game so there won’t be a need to expand slots in the game.
You will have a greater chance to acquire the particular manager you want since manager lists will update more frequently in this game.
You will be able to play legends of the past in myClub and the list of legends will be updated when necessary.
Change in Value
It will cost 100 myClub coins to sign a single player, and you can also find an agent to sign three players for just 250 coins. Alternatively, you can also just use GP with some agents.
Your Acclaim level in the game is basically your skill in winning 1v1 matches. Win more matches to improve your Acclaim level, and if you win a tournament, you’ll even get a special Acclaim title.
You can now compare squads to check out the squads of players you come across often and also that of the top ranking players. This will allow you some insight into what their strategies are and how to deal with them.
Any match that you play will impact what your rank is, and this will then determine your division standing. There will be Group Rankings in the game here users of similar skill levels will play against each other, and at the end of each week, the top players in these groups will receive some special rewards. You can make use of the new WHAT’S ON feature to keep up with any online tournaments that are going on.
ML REAL SEASON
There are quite a few improvements and changes to the ML Real Season this time around. This includes re-sell and clean sheet options so you’l have to manage your club wisely. There will also be an improved budget management and negotiation system. You can find details regarding all of the changes below.
Realistic Player Development
There are 11 new skill traits for players and player development is more realistic than it’s ever been in the series. You can choose how much exactly to focus on the different skills that you’re training.
Players can have one of any four personality traits and this will determine what their Team Role will be. Team roles can be different things such as Hero, Playmaker, Superstar, and more. There will also be new team role effects such as Rising Star, Bad Boy, and Superstar.
There will now be a news feed in the game that will bring videos of press conferences, winning awards, titles, and other such important information related to your club.
You will now be able to know in advance the terms/conditions related to transfer negotiations from the start.