The newest season of Overwatch 2 went stay yesterday with a brand new Tank, Ramattra, together with the Escort map, Shambali Monastery. In addition, a number of steadiness modifications have been made to Heroes.
The very first thing to notice is that Hero Challenges are stay for Junker Queen, Sojourn, and Kiriko for individuals who didn’t register earlier than Season 2. The Shop additionally now has a tab for buying Heroes.
Over 70 participant icons have been added as rewards to Challenges, and the Damage function passive has had its motion velocity bonus eliminated whereas its reload velocity bonus has gone from 25 to 35 p.c.
As for Hero modifications, Doomfist’s Rocket Punch has had its influence injury vary elevated to 25-50 injury whereas the wall slam injury is lowered to 10-30 injury. The stun period from being slammed into partitions by Empowered Rocker Punch is now 0.25-0.75 seconds. Power Block’s cooldown is now seven seconds, whereas its period is 2.5 seconds. Meteor Strike slows enemies for 3 seconds and grants Empowered Rocket Punch on touchdown.
As for Kiriko, the price of Kitsune Rush, her Ultimate, has been elevated by 10 p.c. The motion velocity bonus is now 30 p.c, as an alternative of fifty, and its cooldown charge is now twice as quick versus thrice. To offset this, the forged time of Protection Suzu is now 0.1 seconds, whereas her max Kunai is now 15.
Check out a number of the patch notes beneath and full notes right here. For extra particulars on different content material in Season 2, head right here.
Overwatch 2 Retail Patch Notes – December 6, 2022
Developer feedback: There are a number of modifications right here for Doomfist with the intent to extend his presence as a disruptive brawler-style tank. The buff to his passive means will assist him keep within the struggle longer, particularly when he’s hitting a number of enemies along with his skills.
The modifications to Power Block and Meteor Strike are meant to extend the supply of Empowered Rocket Punch, which permits him to extra simply disrupt enemies and influence a number of targets. Due to gaining Empowered Rocket Punch extra persistently, the stun period and dimension are barely decreased to scale back a number of the frustration in enjoying in opposition to it.
For Rocket Punch we’re shifting a few of its injury away from requiring wall impacts in order that it’s broadly extra helpful no matter the place fights are taken.
- Impact injury vary (minimum-maximum) elevated from 15-30 to 25-50 injury
- Wall slam injury vary (minimum-maximum) lowered from 20-40 to 10-30 injury
- Empowered Rocket Punch wall slam stun period vary lowered from 0.5-1 to 0.25-0.75 seconds
- Non-Empowered Rocket Punch now stuns for the minimal 0.25 second period on wall slam
- Empowered Rocket Punch knockback radius lowered from 4 to three meters
- Minimum time earlier than cancel possibility turns into obtainable lowered from 0.25 to 0.12 seconds
- Cooldown lowered from 4 to three seconds. This has been in since his rework however was not talked about
- Cooldown lowered from 8 to 7 seconds
- Duration elevated from 2 to 2.5 seconds
- Minimum injury mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch lowered from 90 to 80 injury
- Now empowers Rocket Punch on touchdown
- Enemy sluggish period elevated from 2 to three seconds
The Best Defense…
- Maximum non permanent well being elevated from 150 to 200 well being
- Temporary well being gained per goal hit with skills elevated from 30 to 40 well being
Developer feedback: Commanding Shout is Junker Queen’s major tanking means and utility, however the extra survivability it granted her staff proved to be too highly effective and wanted to be tuned again considerably in a earlier patch. We’re seeking to shift extra of that survivability into Junker Queen herself by growing the quantity her passive means heals by way of dealing injury with wounds.
- Torso and head hit quantity dimension elevated 12%
- Wound period lowered from 5 to 4.5 seconds
- Ultimate price lowered by 10%
- Cooldown lowered from 15 to 14 seconds
- Adrenaline passive therapeutic multiplier elevated from 1 to 1.25x injury dealt by wounds
Developer feedback: The intent for Bastion’s final is that enemy gamers can survive it if they’re fast to react to the damaging influence areas, nevertheless, it ended up being too straightforward to keep away from the injury areas totally. We’re lowering each the quantity of warning time and explosion injury in order that it’s extra dependable in dealing injury, but it surely gained’t be as deadly the nearer the goal will get to the sting of the explosion vary.
- Delay earlier than projectile drops lowered from 1 to 0.6 seconds
- Explosion injury lowered from 300 to 250
- No longer offers explosion injury to self
- Minimum delay between inserting pictures lowered by 20%
- Cooldown lowered from 12 to 10 seconds
Developer feedback: Sojourn is performing properly on the highest tiers of aggressive play however poorly beneath these tiers. Much of the notion that she is just too highly effective appears to be pushed by the response to dying to lengthy vary, charged headshots from her Railgun secondary hearth. These modifications are geared toward lowering frustrations there, with the most important change being the lowered essential multiplier for headshots. A totally charged headshot not kills a full well being 200 hp hero. To assist account for this lack of energy we’re growing the injury of her major hearth and how rapidly her vitality expenses throughout her final.
- Energy delay earlier than draining lowered from 8 to five seconds
- Secondary hearth injury falloff beginning vary lowered from 70 to 40 meters
- Secondary hearth essential injury multiplier lowered from 2 to 1.5
- Secondary hearth injury now scales linearly with vitality from 30 to 130 injury (1 vitality converts to 1 injury added)
- Primary hearth injury per projectile elevated from 9 to 10
- Overclock vitality cost charge elevated by 20%
Developer feedback: The modifications to Symmetra’s major hearth will make her gameplay sooner by enabling her to cost the beam as much as harmful ranges extra rapidly. However, it’ll additionally drain to much less deadly ranges at an elevated charge when not damaging a goal. We’re reverting the changes to her ammo administration as a result of, whereas it helped with matchups the place there have been no boundaries, it misplaced one thing attention-grabbing to its interactions.
- Beam cost charge and decay charge elevated by 20%
- Primary hearth ammo consumption charge elevated from 7 to 10 per second
- Primary hearth positive factors ammo from damaging boundaries once more
Developer feedback: We balanced Tracer’s injury in a earlier patch as a result of an undiscovered bug relating to her Pulse Pistol’s falloff injury. The bug is resolved, so we’re reverting the injury.
- Damage elevated from 5 to six
Developer feedback: Sleep Dart remains to be one of the highly effective crowd management skills in 5v5, although with the addition of cleanse mechanics to supply a possible counter to this impact we’re extra comfy with lowering the cooldown right here to enhance Ana’s private survivability.
- Cooldown lowered from 15 to 14 seconds
Developer feedback: The hit quantity adjustment is to assist deal with her arms typically blocking headshots in a few of her animations. Kiriko feels balanced total, however her final may really feel too frenetic at occasions. We’re lowering each the motion velocity and cooldown charge enhance it grants in order that it’s simpler to purpose throughout its impact for each allies and enemies, in addition to there being fewer skills being thrown about. The remainder of the modifications are primarily for quality-of-life enhancements to make the talents really feel higher to make use of.
- Arm hit volumes width lowered 15%
- Added an auto-wall climb hero possibility
- Ultimate price elevated by 10%
- Movement velocity bonus lowered from 50 to 30%
- Cooldown charge lowered from 3 to 2 occasions sooner
- Cast time lowered from 0.15 to 0.1 second
- Ammo elevated from 12 to fifteen
- Ability enter can now be held to activate